Saturday, January 05, 2008


















Hi everyone! I am so sorry for not updating this blog recently. It is so hard to get everything done around the holidays! I didn't realize how many of you read this until I saw some of you at Christmas! I'll try to be better about getting this done. :)

Since I last blogged, Julia has really grown up! She talks differently now, with full sentences and big words, using tenses correctly and asking questions. It is pretty fun and funny. :) Yesterday she asked me if Jesus was born in Minnesota. Yep. :) I suppose since we talked about Jesus at Christmas time there, she got that impression. :) Funny!

We had a wonderful visit from our friends the Devers, and you can see a picture somewhere here of Julia and their daughter, Linnea. They had a fun time together, and Julia was really good with her. I believe she is trying to read her a book in the picture. :)

We also did some fun Christmas things. We made some ornaments together for some family and Julia's daycare friends. Julia helped cut them out and paint them, as you can see. It was a fun but messy project. She was a trooper to help with it all! We also went to a fun light display in Green Bay. At the Botanical Gardens here they have a very nice light display that people can walk on a path to see. It was very fun! We went on a cool and snowy night and it was just beautiful. Julia really seemed to like it.

Other than that, we've been celebrating Thanksgiving and Christmas with our family in MN and IA. We have a great time seeing everyone. Julia was again a trooper to make the LONG car rides to see her grandparents and aunts and uncles. It was worth it to spend time with them.

Julia got a few notable gifts for Christmas, some of which were caught on camera. You will notice her "underwears" that Santa brought for her. She wanted to wear them right away, over her PJ's. Hey, whatever gets her excited is okay by us. We need to get those things on!! :)
You'll see she also got a magnifying glass and a stool to help her in the bathroom. And then there was Tickle-Me-Elmo. She just couldn't get enough of him. (The rest of us however....) Of course there were MANY other wonderful gifts that I don't have pictures of. We had a wonderful time. Now we just can't wait to see everyone again!! :)

Well, I'll try to keep this more current. We hope that you all had a great holiday!! Enjoy your weekend!!

Love,
Mandy & Julia

No comments: