Sunday, October 26, 2008







Hi everyone! 
   We hope that you are having a nice weekend.  It has been really nice here the last few weeks, but today that is all changing.  We have a chance of flakes here tonight.  Brrrrr!  :)
    We got to have a fun visit from mom and dad the weekend of mom's birthday.  It was a crazy fast visit for them, but it was sure great to see them.  Julia had a great time playing.  Unfortunately, the camera didn't get used much while they were here, but I did get this one picture.
    After grandma and grandpa left, we decided it was time to give Julia a haircut.  It was a home job, which I think we'll stear clear of in the future, but it turned out okay.  We have greatly minimized the complaining after bath time and in the morning when it comes time to comb Julia's hair, which we are all glad for.  :)
    Yesterday, Julia and I spent a good chunk of the afternoon decorating our many pumpkins.  Somehow we ended up with a LOT of them!  We painted and carved.  Julia didn't really like the "guts," but I made her stick her hand in a pumpkin, and then she thought it was funny.  We can't have her being afraid to get a little dirty!  She painted away, and was very serious about her creations!   We had a fun time and tried to be festive with our Halloween hats.   
   Julia will be a puppy for Halloween, so we'll try to get some of those pictures up here next weekend.  
    Other than this fun stuff, Julia has been exhausting her mommy and daddy with pretending and chasing.  This is easier for Daddy who is not carrying around another person in his belly.  Chasing is NOT an activity mom likes to do anymore. :)  Pretending is much easier.  We frequently go to the grocery store, the library, and the doctor when we are pretending.  It is very fun, except that I seem to have an ear infection every day.  I'll have to get on that. :)
    Only about 6 (hopefully less) weeks to go until Julia's sister joins the family.  It will be exciting for us all, and hopefully we make the transition from three to four smoothly.   It will be an adventure I'm sure.  :)
     Have a nice rest of thew weekend!

Love,
  Us


No comments: