I know I have been slacking again on the blog. What can I say? Life calls. :) At the moment, Julia is in "quiet time," Lauren is napping, and I am keeping one eye on the Vikings game. This is a rare moment of "free time!" I did just hear the dryer buzzer go off, but I am choosing to ignore that I know that. :)
It seems so long ago already, but we had a fun Christmas. The snowstorm in MN (and rain here) delayed our trip to MN/IA/IL for a day, so we got to spend all of Christmas Eve and Christmas Day home together. This was really fun for us--a first for our family! The girls seemed to enjoy each other's company and we all had fun just hanging out.
We headed to MN on that Saturday, and for the most part enjoyed easy travel. About 2 hours of the 8 1/2 hour trip brought ice, blowing snow, etc, but we made it in relatively decent time. We had a great time in Granite Falls for a few days. We ended up staying a little longer than planned due to a short-lived illness that David and Julia managed to catch. We headed to IA on Wendesday morning to see Grandma and Grandpa Severtson. We had a nice time there as well, but left Thursday morning to continue Christmas with them in Elgin, IL, home of Uncle Mark. Needless to say, we spent a lot of time in the car those two days, but the girls were really good for the most part. I cannot say I did not start to get a little stir crazy while sitting in the back with the them, but we made it! It is always a treat to visit Uncle Mark (Grandma Jana's brother). He has glorious Christmas decorations and is a marvelous cook. We celebrated New Years there and had some fun conversations about movies, a favorite family topic. Uncle Andrew and Aunt Tammy were there as well, and they are always fun to see! Somehow, I don't have any pictures from Elgin or Clear Lake--maybe Grandpa John will share some that I can post later. After all of the fun, we made a tired trip home--only a 3 1/2 hour trip! Nothing to it! :)
We celebrated David's 31st birthday last weekend. He is such a good dad! He spend the day at home playing with the girls. He even took Julia sledding near our house. She had been asking for weeks to go, and they had a fun time. That evening we went on a date--a rarity for us. :) It was very fun to get out--we went to the Olive Garden and the movie "The Blind Side." We're going to try to do that more often now that Lauren is so much easier to take care of!
The girls are growing like weeks! Julia's pants keep getting shorter! :) She is enjoying her friends at school. In two weeks, we have conferences at her pre-school. It will be fun and interesting to see what they have to say about our little chatter box. Lauren is doing everything! She sort of runs everywhere now. She can say "hi," "mama" and "dada" now, which is fun. We are working on some other words, but so far no luck. She seems to want to climb things, so that is a little concerning--have to keep an eye on her!! She laughs and smiles all the time, and still sucks her thumb when hungry or tired. She's a sweetie and cuddles way more than her big sister ever wanted to. :)
Well, the Vikes are doing really well--just got an interception! Hopefully they keep it up! Its slightly awkward to be a Vikings fan in Wisconsin, but this play-off stuff is kind of fun, especially now that the Packers are out. I wonder if we'll make it to the Superbowl?! David has a concert that day, so it could be an exciting, busy day! :)
Have a great week everyone. Thanks for reading about the girls. They really are special, as are all of you!
Love,
Us.
Christmas Eve
Hanging a new ornament on the tree!
Santa ate the cookies and drank the hot chocolate!
Santa sent matching PJ's. The girls wore them in GF.
Maybe I can reach this one!
The girls went sledding on the farm. It was COLD!
Watching Julia play outside -- too cold for Lauren.
Julia and Annie had fun playing in the snow.
We got to see Great-Grandma Hellen! She is so much fun.
Lauren figured out how to rip the paper!
Julia and Daddy on his birthday. She got him a card with
a "#1 DAD" sticker. She is obsessed with stickers, so
this was totally appropriate. :)
Julia during one of the many travel days in the car.
Lauren in the car.
Candy Land!
by Annie and Julia.
2 comments:
Sounds like you had a great Christmas, just super busy! We were able to be home this year, which was nice!
We love your girls so much and cannot wait to see them. My hope is that our girls will be as good of friends as David and I were.
Love and miss you.
Anthony, Lisa, Isabella, & Catherine
Thank you so much for taking the time to update the blog. I just LOVE it!! The first picture of your family on Christmas Eve is precious. We miss you and love you all very much.
Post a Comment