Saturday, February 13, 2010

Lauren loves to read books!

Julia being the teacher. We play this game ALL THE TIME!

Lauren learned how to climb into the chairs. Doesn't she look so big?!

Grandma Mary sent matching Valentines Day shirts. Awww.

Playing in the beautiful new snow!

Hmmm. What do I do now?

Sledding fun. :)

Lauren is a monster going backwards on her little scooter.
Forwards will be awhile yet, I think. :)

Staying up to watch the Olympics!

Coloring with her big sister.

What's with this Play-Dough stuff anyway?

Julia worked forever on this Play-Dough pizza.
Looks pretty good, huh?


This masterpiece is a garden. See all the holes for the seeds? :)
She is working on little flowers and things that will grow.


We've been staying out of trouble here in De Pere. :) Since our last post, we've weathered one bad cold shared by the two girls and Lauren got the brunt of it; she ended up with a double ear-infection. I got to stay home with both of them for two days, so it was kind of nice. Not the sick part--the staying home part. They both recovered pretty quickly and are back to their normal selves again. I have to admit that it was nice to have some snugglers for a few days.

Earlier this week we got about 5 inches of snow that blew into huge drifts, so we found some time after school to play. Lauren still isn't sure what to think of the cold and snow, but she's a good sport. She really had fun sledding for about 3 minutes, and then I think she was ready to be done. Her big sister, on the other hand, could stay outside for hours. So, we compromised. :) It was good for me to get some fresh air, too!

Julia has been talking all about the Olympics this week because they have been talking about it at her pre-school. So, I let her stay up to watch just the beginning of the Opening Ceremonies last night. She made a torch and rings in school, and she insisted that she have them out when the Ceremony started. :) It was really cute.

Today we played at home, and Julia made some play-dough masterpieces. She played for almost an hour! She's got big ideas. :) Lauren tried play-dough, too, but didn't really want to do anything other than pick it into tiny pieces and drop it on the floor. Nice.

I have a feeling that Lauren is going to explode with talking pretty soon. Maybe she's fooling us that she can't talk--I swear just this week she said, "eyes," "star," "fish," and "bath." She gets so excited! It is fun to watch. Her hair is also getting very long. Tonight I tried to cut her bangs a little bit--they were just getting too long. She looks so cute! :)

Well, we hope once again that all of you are well. I'll try to update again soon. :)

1 comment:

Mary Jepson said...

I ALWAYS love it when there are new pictures on the blog!!!! It looks like you are all having so much fun every day. I love you all so much!!!