Wednesday, July 28, 2010

There isn't much new to report from De Pere. :) David is gone for most of this week for some concerts that he is performing in Wausau, WI. He has rehearsal twice a day there and the drive is nearly 2 hours, so it didn't really make sense to drive back and forth every day. We miss him, but he is getting some much needed down-time when he isn't practicing, which is good for him! I think he'll come back refreshed. I, on the other hand, will not be refreshed, but that is okay. :) My time will come.

To stay busy while Daddy is gone, we have been trying to do some new activities. We got a bigger pool for the back yard on Sunday. It was a whopping $5.95 at ShopKo, and I can even fit in it! :) The girls have been having fun in the hot afternoon getting each other wet. It is a nice way to spend time and I even get to read a bit while they play. Its almost as nice as being at the lake. Almost.

We've also been busy this week with VBS, which is fun. I volunteered to help in the craft room, which just happens to be the HOTTEST room in the church, but it is fun. :) Lauren plays in the nursery with some volunteer grandmas, so everyone is having fun, AND I get a little adult interaction on this week when David is gone. :)

We are going to have some company next week and I am very excited for it! One of my college roommates, Sarah, is going to stop through on Monday as she heads to Door County for a vacation. Then, on Wed., some wonderful Green Lake Bible Camp friends are going to come to visit. It is going to be so fun to have friends around, especially friends like these. They are great.

Well, I'll try to take more pictures of our adventurous week without David...we'll see what we come up with to do. :) Hope all is well with you all!!




fun with photobooth on our Mac.

pool shenanigans...



sure, I'll dump water on your head!


these are really Julia's shoes...somebody is having
fun trying to sneak them on. :)








1 comment:

Mary Jepson said...

I love the new pool!!!! It looks like you are having fun. The picture of Lauren sneaking Julia's shoes is priceless!!