Monday, September 06, 2010

"It's updated! It's updated!" Go ahead, Uncle Tim! :)

Well, I am FINALLY updating this blog from our August adventures! We started school soon after we got back and we've been getting organized ever since! :) I'm sorry to say I didn't take many pictures on our trip, but we sure had a fun time!

Before we left, we went to a new park here in De Pere which was just the right size for Lauren and still fun for Julia. Here are some pics of their adventures:






Also before we left, I caught Lauren in her "dress-up box" shoes. This is a thing with her! She is constantly trying on all of our shoes. It is really funny, especially when she gets David's shoes on. :)


Our initial journey took us to MN to meet Uncle Chris and his girlfriend, Kim. She was so nice!! Julia made her a card and insisted on writing, "Chris is Kim's girlfriend." :) It was fun to meet her. After that, the girls went with David to Clear Lake to have a fun weekend with Grandma and Grandpa! I stayed in the Cities' to hang out with some good friends. I had a much needed kid-free weekend (I think the first in about a year!) and it was great. In Clear Lake, the girls had so much fun playing! They not only got to see Grandpa John and Grandma Jana, but they also got to see Great-Aunt Genelle, Anthony and Lisa, Catherine and Isabella, and Great-grandma and grandpa. I hear they got to have a special DQ outing as well! I joined them on Sunday and we got to go for a boat ride on Clear Lake and everything. The girls were excited about that, and they each took a turn "driving" the boat. It was fun to be in Clear Lake and we were especially appreciative of the time that John and Jana spent with us because Jana started school on Monday morning! She gave us her "last" weekend, which was great. I wish I had some pictures to post of the time in Clear Lake, but...I don't. :(

After the time in Iowa, we headed to MN to visit The Jepson farm. Here we also got to see a lot of people, including Great-grandma and grandpa, my great-aunt Joanne and her family, and Janelle, Steve, and Thomas. The girls got to see lots of family on this trip! As part of the fun in Granite, we took a trip to the Renville County Fair. This was apparently a real highlight to Lauren because she is STILL talking about it! We also had lots of fun playing around the farm and trying to avoid Buster, the dog. As annoying as Buster is, both girls seem to love him and crave his attention...as long as it is with the comfort of having Buster on one side of the door and the girls on the other. :)





David and I took a little "trip" while the girls stayed in Granite. We spent a day and night in Spicer and then headed to Mankato, where we helped with the music for my cousin Laura's wedding. It was fun to have some time away just the two of us. We missed the girls, of course, but they were having a grand old time at Grandma and Grandpa's and they joined us on Saturday. We got to have lunch at my aunt and uncle, Tim and Becky's house. Tim is apparently an avid blog-checker, so we made sure to include him on this post! :)


The girls got to meet a lot of other family members at Laura's wedding, and they were troopers to stay up late that night! We headed back to WI on Sunday morning. Other than a rather disgusting car-sickness incident with Julia, we made it back in one piece. :) It took Julia two days to call me "Mom" instead of "Grandma." :)

We've just been getting ready for and starting school since then! Here are a few pictures of fun things we've done in the last few days. :)

MAKING COOKIES!







FINGER PAINTING!





We hope that you had a GREAT Labor Day weekend! I'll try to update this again soon so you can be really excited, Uncle Tim. :)


3 comments:

Mary Jepson said...

Love it, love it, love it!!! I sat here and laughed out loud at the knock knock jokes!!! Julia's song was so nice. I hope you all have a great week. I love you.

Tim Grabow said...

The blog is saved under my favorites and I love the new updates and the two videos. You and David have a great family.

Uncle Tim

Lisa said...

We loved spending some time with David and the girls, but missed you so much. Enjoy the first part of the school year!