Sunday, August 30, 2009

Julia's first day at her new school. That is
her lunch box she's showing off. :)


Lauren just loves looking out this window!!


FUTURE COBBER!! he he


Julia at the movies with Daddy.

Having a blast in the theater.

Lovin' bath time, as usual. :)

Well, I figure I better get something up here soon--school starts this week, and I have no idea how things are going to go. :)

We have had a nice end to our summer. We are feeling settled in our new place I think. :) There are still no pictures on the walls, but that's okay. We'll figure it out. We have been hanging out together and getting ready for school to start. David took Julia to her very first movie a week or so ago. You can see in the pictures that she was excited. It is so heartwarming to see excitement in kids over such simple things. :) I just love it.

Last week I had teacher in-service, so Lauren went back to day care and Julia started at a new place called the Learning Lab. It is a pre-school for children of teachers in our school district. The actual pre-school (which is for about 3 hours in the morning) won't start for a week or so yet, but the rest of the day is day care, so Julia got the feel for what the room there will be like and she met some new friends. We are excited for the educational opportunity that this will bring Julia and we hope that she'll enjoy the change of pace. She does miss her old daycare, but Lauren is still going there, so we do get to stop there every day and say hi. I think that helps her. Lauren didn't seem to miss a beat and is her usually smiley, happy-go-lucky self. She didn't even bat an eye when I left!

Lauren is currently sporting a very nice shiner on her cheek. I know I've mentioned what a monkey she is. Let's just say this time the table won. Hopefully it will fade fast--its looks like it hurts!

We will try to get used to our new routine here in the next week. My contract got upped for this year, so I am now teaching 84% Elementary Music. This is compared to 70% (which included some traveling time, so the teaching time was more like 60%). I will be at one school (yeah!) but I will be there quite a bit more than my hours from last year. I sure will miss being home a little more with the girls. I know I'll get used to it and it is always the hardest the first week. I am thankful to have a good job in a good district, though, so it is what it is and we will all adjust accordingly. :)

We are going to be joining the ranks of mini-van owners this Saturday! I'm excited that we'll have a nice car that isn't on the verge of breaking down. I'm feeling a little funny that I will be the driver of this van--a role I haven't quite prepared myself for yet. :) It changes one's self-image a little bit, don't you think? :) We're thankful to be getting a Honda Oddysey, which we've heard nothing but great things about. Now when we make those long drives to MN and IA, we will all be much more comfortable. :)

Well, that's about it from around here. Lauren has her 9 month check-up on Tuesday, so I'll try to get some info. up on her progress. Any bets she's still in the 95th percentile? :) She is sporting her first tooth, so that is something fun to report. :)

Thanks for checking in on us everyone. Have a great week and Labor Day weekend!!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

My good friend is the cheer coach at a local highschool. One of the students asked her for her "digits" to which she responded:

"You know I have 3 kids, a husband, and came here in a mini-van."

We have a Honda Pilot and LOVE it! A few of my friends have the Oddysey, and just like you, I've heard nothing but love! Now you'll have no excuses for a little Rocky Mountain getaway!

Love you guys!

Janell said...

Julia is so adorable with her new lunch bag! :) I remember the first day of preschool for Josiah - I started bawling as I walked down the hallway after I dropped him off!! :)
I loved when we had a van - maybe you should pierce your nose again and then your image will off set the one that a van brings about??! :) JK I know you'll love the extra space.
Have a great start to the school year!!!