Thursday, August 16, 2012

Well, as usual, I am way behind on blogging.  I really have good intentions!  :)  In mid-July, David took a trip to Brazil!  He was gone for 17 days.  On day 3, Grandma Mary and Grandpa Rich came to visit and to help out our poor lonely house. :)  Here are some pictures of the fun things we did while they were here!


One night we were relaxing and playing in the backyard, when this tiny little fawn decided to pay us a visit!  He was so cute, but apparently not scared at all of humans!  He got really close to us!  We sat for about 15 minutes just watching! I don't think the girls have been quiet for that length of time in a long time!  :)



We took a trip to a fun place called "Sir Bounce-a-Lots!"  It is a large place that is full of those inflatable jumpy things as well as some fun arcade-type games.  The girls had a blast!  There is a little restaurant inside, so we stayed and had some yummy pizza too!  Even Anna, who couldn't go on the jumping things, had a fun time!  :)







Dad decided to go on a fishing adventure in the middle of the night.  I guess it was successful!  :)
Later in the week, he packaged up all of his fish in vacuumed-sealed bags.  Check out Julia's nose. :)  

On Friday, we took a fun trip up to Door County.  We visited our usual favorite places, The Farm, and Whitefish Dunes State Park beach.  We also took a trek across to Ephraim to explore and eat supper are Wilson's.  It was a good trip!  

picnicking a The Farm!



Anna has decided she loves the animals!  This isn't always so pleasant for them though... :)




This is a big deal for Lauren!  She is kind of timid--look at here holding this chick!    Woo hoo!
A reproduction of a similar picture from last summer!  I think Anna and Grandpa Rich look the same!  :)

Here we are in Ephraim! It was such a nice day!
Eating at Wilsons!

It was so great to have Grandma and Grandpa come!  They were a big help!  We are always sad to see them go.  But, we are hoping to see them more this year--Grandma retired!  :)   

I'm going to try to post more things soon so I can get caught up...stay tuned!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I just loved the update (as usual). Thanks so much Mandy!!! I can't wait to see you again!